Oregon Business Education Association
Letter from the President
Dear Oregon Business Education Association Community,
I am delighted to extend a warm welcome to each and every one of you as we embark on another exciting academic year at OBEA. Whether you are a returning educator, a new member of your esteemed faculty, or a dedicated retiree, I am thrilled to have you as part of our vibrant and dynamic educational community.
At OBEA, we are committed to fostering an environment of academic excellence, innovation, and inclusivity. Our mission is to empower each educator with knowledge, skills, and experiences that will not only enrich their lives but also enable them to make a positive impact on their own school communities and the world.
As we begin this new academic journey, I want to highlight a few key points:
● Commitment to Excellence: Our members are dedicated to providing the highest quality education and experiences to each other and our students. OBEA is here to support your academic and personal growth. Together, we will strive for excellence in everything we do.
● Innovation and Progress: Education is an ever-evolving field, and as such, we are committed to staying at the forefront of this innovation. We will continue to invest in providing you the resources (through training and research) and teaching methods that enhance the learning experience for all students.
● Diversity and Inclusion: I believe in the strength of diversity and the power of inclusion. Our organization is a place where individuals from all backgrounds can thrive, learn from one another, and contribute to a rich and inclusive community so that our individual school communities benefit from our experiences.
● Community Engagement: Beyond the classroom, we encourage active participation in extracurricular activities, clubs, and community service. These experiences are essential for personal growth and leadership development not only for ourselves but for the students and peers we serve.
● Support and Resources: Our support services are here to assist you in your journey. Whether you need a quick pick-me-up lesson, advice on navigating “red-tape” within your districts, or just a person with common interests to speak with, we have resources in place to help you succeed.
I encourage each of you to take full advantage of the opportunities that OBEA, WBEA, and NBEA offers. Engage in meaningful discussions, seek out mentors or mentees, and explore your interests both inside and outside the classroom. Your time within our organization is an investment in your future, and we are here to support you. Together, we will create a vibrant, inclusive, and intellectually stimulating community that will leave a lasting impact on your lives and the world.
We look forward to seeing you at our 2024 WBEA Conference being held February 16-19, 2024 in beautiful Eugene, OR. Keep the dates open and be on the lookout for registration materials. Once again, welcome to OBEA. Let's make this academic year one of growth, discovery, and success.
Joshua S Fisher
2022-2024 President, OBEA